If you don't want your domain name registered with GoDaddy, you can transfer it away to another registrar. You'll start the process with GoDaddy, and complete it with your new registrar. If you are transferring a .UK domain name, you'll need to request an .
- You'll need access to the administrative email address listed on your domain name (or the Registrant email address for a .AU domain name). Verify the current contact information and update as needed.
- Remove Protected Registration and Private Registration from your domain if you haven't already.
- Unlock your domain name.
- Get an authorization code (sometimes referred to as an EPP code or transfer key).
- Initiate the transfer through your new registrar. Each registrar has their own process, so you'll want to confirm their requirements for this step.
Note: Domains are not eligible for transfer to another registrar if they are within 60 days of registration or a previous transfer, or if a customer opted-in to apply a 60-day transfer lock after a Change of Registrant.
- GoDaddy will send your admin email address an accept or deny email. If you wait 5 days, GoDaddy automatically accepts the transfer. You'll receive another email from GoDaddy when the process is done.Domai